I am a PhD student in Technology and Social Behavior (TSB), a joint Computer Science and Communication Studies program at Northwestern University. I work in the Inclusive Technology Lab with Dr. Anne Marie Piper.
Previously, I completed my Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) and obtained my Bachelor degree (B.Sc.) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) at Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET).
My research interests include Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Accessibility and Assistive Technology. In my projects, I enjoy using technological interventions to address problems that are visibly present but do not receive the attention they deserve, particularly in the context of marginalized and differently-abled communities.
I am passionate about travelling and photography. Backpacking through Western Europe, New Zealand and Patagonia is on my long-term travel bucket list. I have backpacked across the lovely country called Japan, and I plan to go back again. Through my camera and lens, I try to capture the juxtaposition of architecture, nature and humans as I travel through places and time. You can check out my Instagram.
I am also an avid Manchester United fan. Glory Glory Man United!
Email me at: abir [at] u.northwestern [dot] edu
- March 2018: Got accepted in the Technology and Social Behavior PhD program at Northwestern University!
- February 2018: My research at TASI has been featured on the website of Purdue School of Engineering and Technology, IUPUI. [Link]
- December 2017: Our paper on designing autism support smart technology has been accepted at CHI 2018!
- November 2017: Our paper on the effects of social networking on postpartum depression in Bangladeshi women has been accepted at ICCIT 2017.
- October 2017: My interview on our ongoing Road Departure Mitigation project at TASI has been featured on Inside Indiana Business! [Link]
- March 2017: Our paper on Cognitive Radio network with Coordinated Multipoint Joint Transmission has been published in International Journal of Communication Systems!
- January 2017: Got married!
- August 2016: Started my MS at IUPUI.
- March 2016: Received MS admission offer with University Fellowship from IUPUI!